1. What is the thing hung on your walls that you most like to look at when you write and why? could you provide a photo?
I love this print from Sapling Press. It makes me feel better about my lazy days.
2. Your new book, The List, has 8 main characters. If you were to make a playlist for them, what would their representative songs be?
umm, this is the best question EVAR!!!!
Abby (prettiest freshman) – Living the Life of Dreams by Julie Dorian
Danielle (ugliest freshman) – Sugar by The Concretes
Lauren (prettiest sophomore) –Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid Soundtrack
Candace (ugliest sophomore) – Such a Joke by The Vivian Girls
Bridget (prettiest junior) – Miss World by Hole
Sarah (ugliest junior) – Cool Schmool by Bratmobile
Margo (prettiest senior) – Little Bit by Lykke Li
Jennifer (ugliest senior) – The Fairest of the Seasons by Nico
3. Take a picture of a book that you wanted to read while writing The List but couldn’t because you were too busy working on your book.
4. Did you have any literary inspirations for writing this new book?
5. What’s your favorite food to eat or make while writing?
PB&J with an iced Americano. Easy to eat, plus sugar and caffeine!
6. Do you like making lists in general (not necessarily lists of people who you think are pretty or ugly)? What’s the last fun list you made?
I love making To Do Lists. I make them crazy detailed too, so I have more things to cross out. Like, Make a To Do List shouldn’t be on my to do list, but it is and I cross it off proudly when I’ve listed everything I need to get done.
Are you intrigued by Siobhan’s playlist for the characters in The List? Just itching to get your eyes on its words? Leave a comment on this post describing one of your own high school experiences bumping up against feeling pretty or ugly and you can have a chance to win one of 2 copies of the book! (We have an ARC and a hardcover to give away). Winners will be picked next Monday.
I’ll start you off. When I was in high school I loved to wear giant JNCO pants. They made me feel invincible, like I was a cartoon character. But now I feel like they are the worst idea ever. Here’s photographic evidence: